We currently have vacancies for full time native English teachers in the following schools.
- Surabaya (5 positions May – September start)
- Sidoarjo (2 positions May – September start)
- Malang (Filled)
What you offer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject.
- A TEFL / CELTA / TESOL qualification.
- 5 year’s teaching experience.
- Enthusiasm for teaching young learners and young adults.
- You are a team player and you have a positive outlook. You will need to be flexible enough to adapt to living in a developing country.
- Native English speaker from the US, UK, Canada, Australia or New Zealand due to strict Indonesian immigration department regulations.
- Please note that a criminal background check will be required before commencing employment and a health check is required by the Indonesian government.
- ALL APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO CLEARANCE BY THE MINISTRY OF MANPOWER.
What we can provide to our qualified candidates:
- Competitive Rupiah based salary.
- Return airfares
- All visa and permit arrangements are processed and paid for.
- A bonus of one month’s salary upon contract completion.
- 35 days paid holiday.
- Comprehensive health insurance.
- Subsidised shared EF housing (fully furnished with air conditioning and housekeeping service)
- Fully equipped school with internet and wifi, tea and coffee facilities, a fridge and your own desk area.
- Regular training, observations and workshops.
- A dynamic and supportive working environment offering many opportunities for career development with our group or with EF worldwide.
- Training on new teaching technology including: interactive whiteboards, multimedia activities and presentations, interactive teaching software as well as internet based learning. There is a big focus on new technology at EF so this is a great opportunity to learn new skills and build your TEFL CV.
- University of Cambridge ESOL examiner training.
- Free Indonesian lessons.
- Voluntary overtime opportunities available.
- Free airport pick up upon arrival and full orientation provided.
- Teach up to 24 contact hours per week. You will be teaching general English to young learners and adults. No split shifts and 2 consecutive days off per week.
- Plan all lessons fully beforehand.
- Complete student reports and mark progress assessments.
- Conduct placement tests for new students.
- Attend workshops and other professional development sessions.
- Participate in student events and school promotional activities.
View our working at EF page for further information.
Please note that EF English First never requests payment, fees, administrative charges or placement costs from our applicants. We recruit directly and do not use agents. If you are asked to make an advanced payment of any form, please do not proceed and contact us urgently.